Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply to APYE?
You can apply by filling out this form.
When is the deadline to apply?
The deadline to apply for APYE Korea is June 15, 2019.
Who is eligible to participate in APYE?
APYE accepts all participants that identify themselves as youth. There are no age restrictions for the program. It aims to attract youth who demonstrate a high level of motivation and qualification as changemakers. We look for the following qualities:
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to making a change in their communities
- Humility and willingness to learn from others and co-create with peers
- Proficiency in English at a level that allows them to engage with peers
- Ability to be vulnerable and work towards collaborate leadership
- Possession of a growth mindset – belief that their abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work
What is the cost of participation?
The cost of participating in APYE is $1000 USD. To secure your spot in APYE Korea, a $300 non-refundable deposit must be made (payable by credit card or bank transfer).
- 24/7 support from APYE program managers during program
- A comprehensive program guide
- Processing of supporting documents for visa G
- 10 nights’ accommodations
- Meals during the program
- Local transportation during program
- Cultural field trip on final day of program
The participation fee does not cover:
- Costs incurred for visa
- Airport transfer
- Travel insurance
- Souvenirs and other personal purchases
If I am not available for the full 10 days, can I take part in some days?
What will I do be doing during APYE?
Do I need a visa to South Korea?
Please review the conditions for entering South Korea based on the country in which you hold a passport. Please contact South Korean Embassy in your country for newest and most accurate information.
Can I go sight seeing during my stay in Seoul?
Are there other opportunities for APYE?
What is the refund policy?
60 days to 30 days before start date: 50% of the Participation Fee
30 days to 14 days before start date: 20% of the Participation Fee
14 days before start date: Not refundable
If the delegate is liable for withdrawal from the program (such as in the case of misconduct)
If the program cannot proceed due to extraordinary circumstances such as natural disasters, war and government orders